Monday, January 21, 2013

Vision Complications

My eyesight is very bad right now, have had three prescriptions for glasses in 12 months, and my vision continues to decline.

On Wednesday, I am having my first cataract removal surgery, and I am strongly hopeful that this will be the beginning of better vision for me.

It seems that people with Behcet's Disease have some magnification of vision problems, no matter how serious the disease is or how easily symptoms are controlled.

See a good opthamologist regularly, and don't hesitate to call him frequently for any change in visual acuity.  Although I dread more surgery, getting rid of my glasses is going to be a wonderful thing for me.  I have been annoyed for the past year with having to wear glasses all the time, and to me, the best thing in the world will be to change these frames into sun glasses and never have to be bothered with eyeglasses again.  Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment