Thursday, September 22, 2011

Smokers Message

Smoking alleviates pain and somewhat inhibits mouth ulcers in people with Behcet's Disease.

Unfortunately, it is a terribly unhappy option for those of us who'd like to live long enough to see our grandkids grow up.

I am working on not smoking and it has been difficult.  I crave sugar, but am learning to reach for cucumbers instead.  I just ran out of steroid mouth rinse, and feel very close to a real freak out and total panic.  On the other hand, I know enough to not be my own worst enemy by eating or drinking stuff that is bad for my system.  Most Behcet's sufferers have probably figured out what works and what doesn't regarding nutrition.  If you haven't, please do so.   I also refilled my pain medication.

Is it actually possible to give up cigarettes without completely going off the deep end with Behcet's symptoms?

Stay tuned.  Going to exercise now.  What a bore.  I'd take my dog for a walk but a woman and her 3 year old daughter just got held up at gun point in my fairly normal middle class neighborhood.  My political blog continues to take most of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment